A job interview is a conversation during which a potential employer tries to see if you are suitable for the job. Therefore it is the interviewer’s right to grill you intensively just so they can pick the right person for the job. The job interview is not only an opportunity for you to score the job, but also a chance for your interviewers to gauge your thought process and gain penetrating insights into your hopes, goals and ambitions.
Here are some frequently asked questions. Do prepare yourself with these questions and answer with confidence and charisma.
Questions on Your Abilities
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- How do you handle stress and pressure?
- Describe the pace at which you work.
- What are the applicable skills and experience you have for this job?
- How do you overcome disappointment over unachieved goals?
Questions about Yourself
- Tell me about yourself.
- What words would you use to describe yourself?
- What are you passionate about?
- What motivates you?
- What do people most often criticise about you?
- Do you consider yourself a team player? Why?
Behavioral questions are usually challenging. They require you to think of a scenario or true events from the back of your mind within seconds. These are the questions that can usually help you stand out from the rest of interviewees if you answer correctly, so do think carefully and creatively as your interviewers are waiting for an answer that will blow their minds.
- Give an example of an occasion when you used logic to solve a problem.
- Give an example of a goal you did not meet and how you handled it.
- Tell me about how you worked effectively under pressure.
- Describe a decision you made that was unpopular and how you handled it.
- Have you ever made a risky decision? Why?
- With deadlines to meet, how do you prioritize multiple projects?
- What do you do if you disagree with a co-worker?
“Why do you want to work here?”
This is a very important question, not only to your interviewers, but to yourself too. Do you know why exactly you desire to work in that company?
- The following may be your reasons:
- You admire the founders/leadership
- You believe wholeheartedly in the products or services the company provides
- The company has impressed you in some way
- The company culture and working environment seems like a good fit for your personality or work style
A job interview will decide the path of your life. Make the effort to do research on the company to ready yourself with knowledgeable answers. We want to see you clinch the position!
Stay tuned for the next update!