Recruiting the cream candidatures is one of the most critical steps that dictate the success of a company today. There are several exciting tools that have been developed to help employers to select and recruit potential employees.
Online social media websites are designed to provide excellent opportunities for the employers who wish to recruit the vest employees. But, employers may be faced with significant challenges if they have to use the social media for backgrounds checks and screenings. Checking and determining employee job references could be even more difficult.
Employers are not really keen on searching online to dish out information related to prospective employees as there is always a potential risk of discrimination as well as negligent charges for hiring. Therefore, the social media screening practice and background checks is bare minimum.
One of the greatest advantages of establishing presence in the online social media is that you would be able to be a part of a large community actively engaged with various companies, which includes potential hires. Social networking sites like Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn are among the best known social media sites that offer ample opportunities to candidate looking for a job.
An important point to note is that the world of online networking and social media is developing rapidly, and it is very important to stay updated and known about the emerging trends to ensure that you can take the fullest advantage of this source of recruitment.
It is commonly expected that all companies will have their social presence in the online media. Those who still do not have their online presence are lagging behind in time. In some sense, the online Twitter or Facebook page of a company is now becoming its online presence.
By sharing the recruitment notice and news of your company via social media, you will literally foster interaction amongst your fans and followers. Interested candidates will also have the scope of learning about your company through your official page.
Why Companies are Using Social Network?
- Social network gives access to a pool of talent, regardless of geographical and demographical barriers of the candidate. It is the best way to attract potential candidates from any part of the world.
- Online networking also allows employers to reach out to the young pool of talent, quite conformable and conversant with the use of latest online technology.
- Social networking also allows employers to look at each and every candidate respectively and determine their personality.
- With social network being the largest virtual networks in the world, you can share information about your company’s job vacancies and positions with all passive candidates – the ones who have posted their resumes on online networks and just left them as it is.
- Definitely, social media recruitment saves a lot of time and effort. The entire process of recruitment can be completed within a few minutes. Moreover, employers can screen a potential candidate and build a cordial relationship to understand the candidate better.
- Online hiring saves the cost of traditional recruitment.
- Lastly, social media allows a company to build its brand image and give an insight to the candidates.
Thus, social media is the only way to possible real time engagement that will allow companies to create deeper connections and maintain harmonious relations. Through online media, employers can successfully reach candidates faster, as opposed to job boards, agencies or referrals. In addition, employers can engage the target audience and indentify whether these candidates are actually a cultural fit or not. It ensures a win-win scenario for both the parties.